Food videography has become an essential aspect of the food blogging and content creation world, as it provides an engaging way for audiences to experience and learn about different dishes and cooking techniques.
Whether you’re a food blogger, photographer, or YouTube content creator, learning the skills of food videography can help you increase your value and earning potential.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the 5 best food videography courses, both free and paid, to help you up your food videography game and grow your food blog or business.
Read More: 7 Best Food Videography Tips For Beginners
This Udemy course, Food Videography 101, is taught by Kate Blohm, a photographer and videographer focusing on capturing high-quality, visually stunning content.
With a 4.5 instructor rating, Kate is dedicated to providing top-notch education to food photographers and videographers looking to improve their skills.
In this course, students will learn the basics of food videography and photography, including how to use camera gear, how to style props and food, and how to shoot high-quality content with a camera or phone.
The curriculum covers topics like overhead rigging, prop styling, studio lighting, and more, with each lesson building upon the previous to provide a comprehensive learning experience.
This course is designed for food photographers, videographers, restaurant owners, PR agencies, influencers, social media managers, food brands, farmers, food lovers, and food bloggers who want to take their content creation to the next level.
With no prior experience required, anyone can benefit from the lessons taught in this course.
At $47.99, this course offers over 5 lessons that cover everything from equipment and styling to lighting and shooting techniques.
- Teaches the basics of food videography and photography
- Covers topics like camera gear, prop and food styling, studio lighting, and more
- Taught by a skilled photographer and videographer with experience in fine detail and presentation
- No prior experience required
- Over 5 lessons that are short and concise, providing value for content creators of any level
This SkillShare course is taught by Rose Nene, a full-time photographer and videographer who runs a successful photography and videography business with her husband.
With years of experience in the industry and a passion for sharing her knowledge, Rose is a great teacher for anyone looking to grow their videography skills.
In this course, Rose covers everything a beginner needs to know about food videography, including how to tell stories through food videos, plan and storyboard, select props, choose equipment, and edit food videos using Adobe Premiere Pro.
The course is designed for anyone interested in growing their videography skills, including food enthusiasts, business owners, chefs, and individuals searching for a valuable new skill.
SkillShare offers a one-month-free deal before moving to $32 a month, so the value is definitely there.
- Teaches the essentials of food videography and how to make eye-catching, mouth-watering videos
- Includes information on shooting techniques, editing, and marketing
- Taught by a successful photographer and videographer with years of experience in the industry
- Includes lessons on using both an iPhone or smartphone and a DSLR or mirrorless camera
This Skillshare course on Food Videography teaches students how to make cooking and baking videos at home, even with limited equipment.
Daniela Lambova, a food blogger and photographer, is the instructor and provides practical instructions and tips on filming, editing, adding music, and more.
The course covers the process of making a cooking or baking video, including the required equipment, shooting tips, editing with iMovie, adding titles and music, and a final project.
The course is suitable for food bloggers, Instagram foodies, or anyone who wants to show their culinary creations in action on social media.
With Daniela as the instructor, students will receive in-depth knowledge from a food blogger, photographer, and cookbook author who has a passion for food and helping others become confident in the kitchen.
This course comes with a practical handbook to help students stay organized.
Again, SkillShare offers a one-month-free deal before moving to $32 a month, so the value is definitely there.
- Teaches the process of making cooking and baking videos at home
- Covers equipment, filming, editing, adding music, and more
- Includes practical instructions and tips from a food blogger and photographer
- Suitable for food bloggers, Instagram foodies, or anyone who wants to show their culinary creations
- Includes a practical handbook to help stay organized.
This Food Videography Course Online taught by Liz Marek is designed for those who want to make their first food video using just their phone and phone stand.
Liz Marek is a self-taught cake maker and blogger. With her background as a graphic designer, she brings a unique perspective to the course and offers tips and tricks to make the best food videos possible.
The course is available online, with a tutorial on how to edit your video sold separately.
This course is perfect for those who want to be creative, improve their skills and engage their audience through food videos.
At $29, this course is affordable and accessible, with no fancy equipment required.
- Learn how to make a food video using just your phone and phone stand
- No fancy equipment required
- Affordable and accessible online course
- Includes tips and tricks for making the best food videos possible
The Food Video Academy is an online course that teaches food bloggers, photographers, and YouTube content creators how to create professional recipe videos that help grow their blog and business.
Taught by experienced instructors, this comprehensive program includes in-depth training, live coaching, and community support.
In this course, you will learn how to create gorgeous and captivating food videos, how to properly use your equipment, new mindset shifts that will help you connect with your audience, and the best angles to shoot your food.
Additionally, you will gain access to proven tips to reach more people on social media, simple but powerful strategies to share your passion, and special techniques to make your videos stand out from the crowd.
According to Food Video Academy, this course is perfect for new food bloggers who want to skip years of figuring out how to generate traffic to their blog, food photographers who want to increase their value and earning potential by adding food videography to their skillset, and YouTube content creators who are growing their brand and want to build an engaged audience.
However, this costs $449 and is not intended for those who don’t have a professional camera.
- Teaches how to create professional recipe videos that help grow your blog and business
- Includes in-depth training, live coaching, and community support
- Teaches the best angles to shoot your food and how to make your dishes look extra scrumptious
- Tips to reach more people on social media with your videos
- Special techniques to make your videos stand out from the crowd
Creating engaging food videos is a great way to grow your blog and business, and there are many options out there to help you achieve your goals.
Whether you prefer to learn through free resources or invest in a comprehensive paid course, the five courses mentioned in this article are some of the best available for anyone looking to improve their food videography skills.
With the right guidance, you can turn your passion for food into a thriving business, create high-quality content that your followers will love, and connect with more people in the food community.
So choose the course that’s right for you and start your journey to becoming a successful food videographer today.